Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hodge Podge With A Green Thumb

"Here we are again, smack dab in the middle of the week, although it feels more like Tuesday don't you think?  Monday holidays always throw off my internal calendar. You should know it doesn't matter if you answer on Tuesday or Wednesday or some day later, just answer. And link here to Joyce's blog! Don't forget to add your link! "

Here are my answers to Joyce's questions for the week~


1. What question do you often ask yourself?  What were you thinking?  This is especially done when my day does not go as planned.  Do you grow roses?  What's your favorite color of rose?  Ever been given a dozen roses?  Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?   I have two knockout rose bushes.  I can't kill them.  The pink one on the side of the parsonage came with it.  The red one in the back yard Susan gave me on my birthday the year my mom died (2011) and she planted it.  Both of them flourish.  I love roses.  Yellow/blush/coral are my favorite colors.  I have been given a dozen roses a few times in my life.  Charles Wetherington gave me my first on my 18th birthday.  My next door neighbor Edie Gunnel painted me a picture of them so I could have them forever.  My favorite rose delivery was when my friend Debo sent me two dozen yellow...to the school....from my secret admirer.  LOVED the reaction they got!  The prettiest rose garden I have ever seen was in Ireland at the National Garden.  It was amazing.
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products?  Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date? Take medication that's expired?  Buy a dented can?  It depends on what it is....yes I read the dates....and yes I throw out things if not used near past due dates.
4.  Should athletes be role models?  I agree with Joyce and I too think in the eyes of children they always have been, and likely always will be, and that's what matters. For better or worse.   Kids look up to athletes and as such I'd love to see athletes rise to the occasion...  Some do...and some don't.

 5.  Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29th) back in 1953.  What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?  Being at a book signing for a book I have written and had published.

 6.  What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?   Build something to house all my family for reunions, special occasions, etc.
 7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?

 6:45 for sure.  Being on time is important to me. 

 8.  Insert your own random thought here. Are you taking a vacation this summer/year?  Where are you planning to go?  Do you do the same trip each year?  I am currently at Panama City Beach, Florida until tomorrow morning.  This is our second year and we also take others trips throughout the year.  This will be our big vacation this year.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: