Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, May 24, 2013

It Is All About The View

Writing regularly and for even five minutes stolen here and there during early mornings or late evenings or during nap times and any fringe moments one can carve out can be free therapy for any writer’s soul.
So, let’s do this thing. Let’s write.
Set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on the word:::

View…

GO: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To springboard into writing today I thought I would share with you some of the views I love.  I have to be honest....these are some of my all time favorites although there are many many more.  I love the views from trips I have made.  Mt. Ranier's majesty is a breathtaking view whether you see it from Tacoma or Seattle.  It leaves you knowing that there is a God.  The Cliffs of Moher in Ireland are amazing too...especially if you get to witness the view with a friend you love.  The view in the Everglades is dark, somewhat frightening but has a draw that leaves you wanting to see more.  Castles in Kilarney, the Bridge of Sighs in Venice, Dunguness lighthouse(and several others), my kids at the Grand Canyon, and my list of views continues.  I love it when I have the chance to see a view that is new.  I love to see views that I see everyday and find new things about them.  I love to open my eyes and just take in all the views God has placed in front of me.  I want to keep my eyes open and alert so I don't miss one of these awesome views.  I am an amateur photographer and the views that I see behind the camera lens often amaze me beyond belief.  I see the view in my head and when I snap the shot and capture it forever that view is permanently embedded in my mind.  I love taking shots of my youth girls, the families at our church, the flowers from one of our church members yards, babies that are younger than 6 weeks old....Sometimes I feel as if life is my viewfinder from my childhood.  I put the lens before my eye....and smile.  In the Smokey Mountains there is a place called Maggie Valley and there rests a billboard that claims, "Lawh what a view."  I feel that way about life.....it is all about the view.  Psalm 102:19 tells us that  “The Lord looked down from his sanctuary on high, from heaven he viewed the earth,  I can imagine him saying....."Lawh what a view!" 

STOP:

No comments: