Leigh at Bloggeritaville let me know last night that there would be an award for me over at her blog today and I could hardly wait til the morning to go see it! Leigh's friend Sherrie said, "this is how the award works: This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award." How truly kind. I am so appreciative at such a gesture. The award also ask that I tell 7 "random" Things about me. I am sure that there aren't many sins I haven't already confessed on my blog but here goes:
1. I was a grand prize winner on a television game show several years ago. The show was Top Card and it was on The Nashville Network. I blew it all by not freezing and not being able to answer the question which cartoon character answers the question, "Where are you?" I hate Scoobie Doo to this day!
2.I equate singing with breathing and can't imagine life without either.
3. I have been to 47 of the 50 United States and am currently missing Alaska, Michigan, and Vermont.
4. I love good storytelling. I love to be in the presence of a really good storyteller - like Kathryn Windham Tucker - I believe in ghosts and spirits so she delights me and I have heard her several times.
5. I grew up on the Atlantic Coast but now think there is nothing lovelier than the Gulf area beaches from Florida to Alabama.
6. I adore thrift stores, yard sales, and auctions. I don't necessarily have to buy. I just love the hunt of a bargain!
7.I am a preachers wife and can fill a pulpit myself as a certified lay speaker for the United Methodist church.
And now for the awards. I can honestly say that almost each and every one of these ladies below I am in contact with daily in some form or fashion. I look forward to their comments on my blog and I love reading and commenting on their posts. I feel as though I have known them for a long time and a few of them I have known forever. I work with some of them, blog with some of them and enjoy their presence in my life each day. I have been truly blessed to know each of them and have been encouraged by them many times throughout the sickness of my father and dealing with aging parents. Their comments have been what has gotten me through many trying days. I am blessed to call them my friends and I am certain that you will feel the same way when you meet them. Please stop by and visit their blogs and let them know I sent you. My 8 folks that get this award are:
1. Trina - we have worked together for a long time.
6. Sweet Tea
8. Trina of the Perry Family
Congrats to all the award winners. Have a great week and stop by and visit when you have a moment. I might even have a tall glass of ice tea waiting for you with your name on it!
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
11 months ago