Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Extreme Karen Makeover - End of Week One

Well, it has been seven days since I started working on the new and improved me and I am very excited today....I lost 10.1 pounds this week. I have been working hard on drinking 8-8 ounce glasses of water every day, cuting out carbonated beverages, drinking green tea(for the antioxidants), watching my daily caloric intake, and increasing my exercising amounts....and it paid off. I stood on the scales at the doctors office and could not believe it when the scales registered a 10+ pound loss. I told the doctor what I was doing and he told me it was a good campaign to follow....told me not to be disappointed if next week the drop was less....but that this was a great start. Well....I am hoping next week is a good week too. I only exercised three times this week. Next week I will have exercised five times. I have been totally amazed at how much food I was really consuming. One night this past week we had Italian sausages done on the grill. I love the things(throwback from State Fair days when I was a kid). I ate one...just one...without a bun....and some veggies to go with it. I was full when I left the table...and later got to thinking...hummmm....at a normal meal...I would have probably had two...on buns...with onions, peppers cooked in oil...with chips...and baked beans. I am truly ashamed of my old eating habits...but hopefully...this is a way of the past. I have eaten out three times this week and still kept it under budget. Whoooo hoooo....keep praying that I will endure! I can't wait to start seeing a difference...and posting pictures of the New and Improved Me!

6 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Good for you! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news == woo woo! 10 pounds!!!!!

Belle's Blog said...

Good for you ! Thats wonderful ...10 lbs is a lot for one week. Water tastes much better also in this hot weather ...doesnt it?

Linda said...

10 pounds already...way to go! Keep the good work, you're inspiration to all of us!

Sweet Tea said...

This is gonna be YOUR Summer-of-change, Girl, I just know it. You're off to a GRAND start. 10 lbs ROCKS!! Strut yourself Girl, you deserve it. YEAY!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

OK, you are motivating me!

Trina said...

Yea, you!! I'm jealous, though. I've eaten enough in the last week to take me through the next month or so. LOL