Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

It is just a few minutes after four in the morning. I am sitting here wondering if I slept at all. I remember 12:30, 1:45, 3:29...but I feel rested....right now. I am up so early to take my friend Mary to the airport in Birmingham. She has to be there at 6a.m. Her busband, Bill, could have taken her...but he has to be at work at 7:30 and that is really cutting it close. I, on the other hand, do not have to be anywhere this morning so I volunteered. Am I crazy or what? Mary is flying to Bangor this morning. She will meet her brother Troy in Detroit and they will fly the rest of the way together. They are going to see their sister Noel. She and her husband Jerry live in Bangor in the cutest house...right near town. It is a walk away. Did you know that Stephen King also lives in Bangor? He lives about 2 blocks from Noels. His house looks like the Adams Family house. It is a bit scary...even in the daytime. No wonder the man writes such quirky books. Anyways, Mary, Troy and Noel are having a sibling reunion. This is something they have not done in a while. She is so excited to be going. I am excited for her because I went with her one year and this trip is fabulous in the fall. If you have never been to the Northeast in the height of fall foliage at it's best...you should go! It is aweseom. Well, this time next week I will have already left for the airport. My flight LEAVES at 6:45. I have to be there no later than 5:30. I am flying out with some AEA (Alabama Education Assoc. buddies) and we are San Diego bound for the NEA (National Education Assoc.) yearly assembly. My friend Steve-O likes to call it my big union meeting. I wonder who schedules these red eye flights anyways. I DO! On the flying there side I like to get there in time to check in and explore. On the flying home side I like to leave as late as I can and get home as late as I can. Have a Happy Tuesday. I am off!

No comments: