Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, June 29, 2009

Pelham 123

I told you all that my sweetie took me to the movies the other night and we did not have much of a choice of what to see. Our little rural town has a little movie theater with three screens. I love the guys who own it...so I try and keep my business in town. They are really good about getting current hits. The last movie we went to see what UP so I felt I owed Frank a movie. The choices were narrow...Transformers 2, Drag Me To Hell, and The Taking of Pelham 123. I chose the later because I love Denzel Washington. If you like suspenseful action movies then you will love this one. The only drawback is John Travolta's language. It is horrendous. I teach high school and even I have never heard the "f" word slung around so much. The movie kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. When it was over I made a vow never to ride the subway again as long as I live. I loved subways until I saw this movie...and I will ride them again....I fly after seeing all the Airport movies...it just takes me awhile to get over the terror of a high-jacking and hostage taking. So, if you don't have anything better to watch I suggest you go see this movie...just remember there is a lot of foul language. John Travolta is a very scary man...it was a far cry from his roll as the momma in "Hairspray." Have a Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I just hate it when J has a potty mouth. I think I'll wait till he comes out with something a little more soothing to my ears...You're a good wife going with your dh to see this. Kudos!

Tracy said...

Steve,Molly and I went and saw this movie when we were in Gulf Shores,it was great other than the bad language.

Xazmin said...

Why do they have to ruin movies by putting all that language in there?

We saw Star Trek a couple of weeks back...really enjoyed it.

Even my husband who didn't like the originals.