Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mobile Here We Come.....Or Do We?

Greetings from Mobile, Alabama. What a day it has been. My friend Marian and I left Alex City about 1:30 this afternoon....planning to be in Mobile befoe 5....but the best laid plans of mice and men....when we passed the Perdido exit number 45 traffic as we knew it ended. All we could see on both lanes of southbound I-65 was red lights as brakes were applied. After sitting for what seemed like forever....was more like 30 minutes....three wreckers hustled down the shoulder of the southbound lane. Cars and trucks began taking to the median and going back to exit 45 to take US 31 down to the next exit. Another 45 minutes passed before a trucker got out of his vehicle and told us all what was happening. His suggestion....turn around or be prepared to wait forever. A motor coach had turned over on the highway on top of a car...and another car was in a ditch. It looked bad...the wreckers were trying to figure out how to get the motor coach flipped....and out of the center of the road. We decided to jump the median and chance US 31. I am kind of glad...because I had never actually seen Bay Minette. It is a cute little town. We rushed to get to our hotel in Mobile so we could watch the news....but alas we missed it....we are watching now to see if we hear something about it on the late news. Several people here at the conference with us....did not turn around and saw the wreckage as it was brought back up the southbound lanes. They said it would have been a miracle if everyone involved survived....but we don't know....so I guess I am requesting prayer tonight for travelers....and those travelers in particular. I am sure the motor coach owners had insurance...but what a lousy way to start a vacation. God bless all of us in blogland....as we travel this summer. See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Yes, indeed. Bless you, too, in your travels!

Trina said...

Oh no! Glad you and Marian are safe. Tell her HI, and that as far as I know, there still isn't a new Jr. Civitan advisor for the high school. Watch me get "stuck" with it another year. Ugh!

Sweet Tea said...

What a FUN surprise I found in my mailbox yesterday!! Thank you so much for the CD. I'm leaving in a bit for a 6 hr drive to Okla and I'm gonna let you sing me there as I travel. I'm anxious to give you a listen!!...Have fun on your trip and may God grant both you & your friend, and Me, safety along the highway!!

Thanks again!!

*FUNNYP - the word verification for this comment is "scram". LOL

Xazmin said...

I hope that everyone is okay who was involved.

I also came by to let you know I tagged you on my blog!