Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, June 19, 2009

Hi! I Am Karen and I Am a Spirit Jumper

Today I was reading some blogs when I came across one that touched my soul. It is by my blogger friend Jacki over at Counting My Abundant Blessings. For a while now we have been praying and keeping up with her brother Mike's battle with cancer and today she issued a challenge for her readers to pay it forward through an organization called Spirit Jump. Spirit Jump is a program that directly connects a gift giver with a person battling cancer. It was founded in November, 2008 by two young women who have both battled cancer. Wow, I thought that is so very awesome. It was so awesome that I found myself joining immediately. You all know my father and aunt both are battling lung cancer and I thought what a great way to do more. The Mission of Spirit Jump is this: "If you have a shop, artistic abilities or even an extra card in your drawer and you want to give it to a person in need, send Spirit Jump an email that you want to be a Spirit Jumper at spiritjumper@spiritjump.com. They will then connect you directly with a person in need, or they can give you a list of names, a brief description of what their particular cancer battle is and you can choose. When the match is made, They’ll give you that persons mailing address and then it’s up to you to send the gift. It’s a simple. I truly believe that "If you decide to be a Spirit Jumper you will be overwhelmed with the joy and warmth you feel when giving a gift. Additionally, every Spirit Jumper is welcome to write a post on their website and tell their many readers about your shop, blog or website. You may include links, photos and any information you want to be featured on the site. They encourage you to also include why you decided to donate, who you donated to and maybe even a photo of what you donated. This will be wonderful exposure for your shop, blog, website and you will be lifting someone’s spirit, it is a WIN, WIN" situation for all involved, don't you think? If you are interested and want more information then click on the link I provided for you at the top of this blog. You won't be disappointed I can promise you that. There are a lot of cancer patients out there who need some extra love. Can you pay it forward?

3 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Now THAT is a fabulous idea! And Karen, being the fab person you are it does not surprise me that you are down for such a cool way to make someone feel a lift in their day. You have done that to me a time or two indeed.
Which, BTW, I have a card for you....carried it to the beach with intent to mail it and left your mailing address at home. Shooot! Oh, I'll be home tomorrow.
And card on its way my friend.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy you're a Spirit Jumper too!!! I have a bunch of cards going out today.

Great job!

Jacki said...

Wow Karen!
I've been away from the blogesphere for a bit now, and am trying to catch up.
Thanks a bunch for the link back, and for joining Spirit Jumpers!
They actually contacted me and wanted to do a jump for Mike, but he had passed away the morning before! How sad!!
He knew about the program though, and thought it was an awesome idea!

Thanks for joining!