Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Have You Ever Eaten at Jason's Deli?

Wow! I have you ever eaten at this place? Well, today my parents and I took Kat out to lunch for her birthday and she wanted to go to Jason's Deli. I had never eaten there....so I was very agreeable. I love deli food. I grew up with a fabulous Jewish deli nearby...and pastromi on rye...with swiss cheese and spicy mustard...and of course a pickle spear rings my chimes. Of course, I know...I can't have that...because I am watching my calories...and with that sandwich...I would eat all my calories in one meal. We got there...and I had cup of tomato basil soup with a fruit plate that had some of the best looking strawberries and pineapple on it. I ate most of my lunch...but not all and sent the rest of the fruit home with Kat to enjoy later. My dad had a New York Yankee (my dream sandwich)...it is made of hot pastrami and corned beef with swiss cheese and spicy mustard on rye bread. My mom had a stuffed potatoe with broccoli, bacon and cheese. It was huge! I have never seen a potato that large in my life. Kat had a southwestern style soup that looked wonderful and a fruit plate too. After lunch we went back to her house and she opened her presents. My mom got her the traditional pajamas...she expects to get them and is disappointed if she doesn't. I gave her a passport holder she had been eyeing....and Itunes card...we both have Ipods....AND a new journal. She was thrilled. Brian had come through on Tuesday with a Wii fit(now we both have one), a Spa treatment day (lucky girl), and a new CD she had been wanting. She had some great other gifts too. It was a great day....but...if you are ever in Montgomery...or near a Jason's Deli...and you like deli food...this place is a must!

No comments: