Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Please Help Me....I Can't Take Anymore Frustration!

What a day it has been. I got up at 5:30 this morning to work on my online classwork and was really accomplishing a lot when my mom came in asking me what time WE were leaving to go have lunch with my aunt in the Valley. I looked at her and said, "I never said I was going to go with you guys for lunch. I am leaving for San Diego on Tuesday and have to get two weeks of work done before I go." She was oblivious to my comment and pressed on. I got frustrated and finally did what she knew I would do...gave in and told her, "Fine! I will go....only we can't leave til I get this particular assignment done." She was thrilled....I knew she would be...I on the other hand was now frustrated, aggrivated, and all the other -ated words and trying to work on my project. Six times during the next hour she returned to my little sanctuary I call an office to ask what time we were going, when would I be finished...anything to just drive me up the wall...and finally she achieved her goal...I was at the top of the wall....so I said, "Mom, can you just go away and leave me alone so I can concentrate and get my work done." She left the room...and went to tell my dad I was being hateful. I felt the anger rise higher as I got up and went to the kitchen to explain to both of them that this was an important class, I could lose my license without enough continuing ed hours, it was for fifty hours, and I had to get two weeks worth of work done before I left on Tuesday morning. She laughed....and the sound was like pouring salt in an open wound. I reteated to the office and knocked out my paper...on communication(of which there was none with my mom)...changed shoes and told them it was time to go. She was as giddy as a school girl....now for those of you who have not read my past blogs...you need to be aware. I am not a heartless "B"...my mom has dementia/alzheimers. We left and drove to my aunts. I kept the radio on so I could adjust my mood before we picked up my aunt. The place we were going to was called Chick's Cafe...and it was buffet. Oh joys....many of you know I am doing an Extreme Karen Makeover and the thought of a buffet made me sick. My aunt, Shirley was delighted that I was going....my mom had said it was her idea in the first place...it wasn't. She was surprised that I was along. We went into the restaurant...and to my delight....I could eat a vegetable meal...hallelujah. I was so excited! The conversation with my aunt was good and I loved seeing my father eat as well as he did. My aunt, also a cancer patient...ate well too. My mood lightened a bit. We returned to my aunts and then headed home. I was so excited because I had so much work to do today....BUT...work was not to be done...just yet. My sneaky mom....wanted to take the scenic way home...and she spoke through my dad....she would get him to ask me....and I can't tell my dad no. I would do anything for him...especially right now. He looks like a troll doll with his little tuft of hair in the center of his head....he lost his hair during chemo/radiation. I have almost lost my dad a couple of times in the last year....so telling him no...is not an option. We ended up going home through BFE. It took 2 hours to make an hour trip home and by the time we got here...I was frustrated again. Sigh! After getting home I got back in my car went and picked up stuff for my booth at Longleafs Antique Mall, went and unloaded it and put the stuff out for display. The booth is very full now and very inviting. There is something for everyone I think. All the booth work took an hour and then I returned home. My parents are gone...who knows where....but that is another story for another day! Frank came home and is taking his princess (me) out tonight....dinner and movie. Whew...at least the frustrations are over....for now at least.

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Did you have a great date night?? What did you eat? What did you go see??

Hugs!

Xazmin said...

I'm sorry you had such a frustrating day!

I love my mom, but she has a way of guilting me into giving in to her as well, and it drives me bonkers!

I hope you had a wonderful night out with your guy!