Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Extreme Karen Makeover

I normally do Musical Monday...but to be honest I am not feeling it today. The picture is of my daughter and me on April 17th. I am not someone who likes to talk about physical flaws....but today I feel I have to. You see,that was the day I decided that I disgusted myself and had to do something about my weight and appearance...maybe....I might start trying in the summer....I just couldn't before. Sound familiar. I have always been good at the I am starting tomorrow. Well...I decided last week....I was through planning to start. I was starting. I have been on a 1200 calorie diet now for a week....and managing pretty well. I have to admit...Casey's chocolate chip cookie birthday cake was one of the toughest things I have had to do without. I have a little fat book...that tells me all my calories...and chocolate chip cookies are out of the ballpark.....sigh! I actually had to call my friend Mary and tell her we would not be able to attend Casey's party....I knew that cake would be my downfall. I actually feel better...I am exercising...at least 30 minutes a day....drinking a ton of water....and actually liking it....and drinking 1 can of diet coke a day....WHOA....for those of you who know me...that alone is a feat. Anyways...I looked at myself in the mirror one day....and decided...I wanted to be healthy...and feel better about myself. The great thing is...Frank loves me...just as I am....so I don't have to do this for him....I am doing this...for no one but me. I plan to keep you informed as I succeed....and succeed I plan to...I have given myself a year to reach my goal weight...I can't wait to drop a dress size...heck I can't wait to put on the clothes I own and feel like they are a little bit too big....that will be a thrill. I told my friend Mary today...when I start dropping...I was raiding her closet...she is a size or so smaller....and has some of the cutest clothes. When I reach goal...I am going on a shopping spree. Wish me luck and stay tuned for more updates. One more thing...I am telling you this today....to hold myself accountable. I am hoping you all will keep me honest and be encouraging....and when I reach goal...I can encourage someone else.....you know...pay it forward. Happy Monday.

3 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I am sending you a gazillion well wishes for great success as you work your way towards being "less" of a person. LOL It takes great commitment and determination and it sounds as though you are mentally ready to make these changes, and it really is a battle of the mind, isn't it?! Keep us posted so we can celebrate each pound of success with you!!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

It seems to me that half the battle is just getting started -- looking forward to reading your success story as it progresses!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

You.Go. GIrl! I am so proud of you!